Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Dan is a terrific father to our kids and to their spouses. I've watched him grow in love for our son-in-law and daughter-in-law. He truly loves them as much as he loves our own children. From the time our children were born, he has always put their best interest ahead of his own. He has shown them love, commitment, and respect by the way he lives his life. He has lived a life committed to Christ. He has lived by the principles that he taught to our children. His consistency has provided for an environment that makes clear that they can count on him.

Marcus is wonderful father to the two of my grandsons that are in his care. I've watched him nurture and care for their physical and spiritual needs since the day they were born. I have been impressed to see him struggle with a parenting issue until he was able to decide what is the best choice for his boys.

Michael has been an awesome father for the two of my grandsons that are in his care. I have seen him defer to their needs from the day they were born. He shows them what God expects by the things he expects of himself and of them. He shows them that he loves their mother by the way he treats her on a daily basis and that provides a deep level of security for them.

Poppy is a father I've only recently come to know. I've seen his love for his children and his love for two of my grandsons. I appreciate his love and respect for my son. Thank you Poppy for loving those that I love.

There is so much more I could say. Many of the qualities I mentioned are shared by every one of the dads I described.

Thank you Dads and Happy Father's Day

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

We are blessed by the fathers in our lives, aren't we? Amazing men. Thanks for writing this!

Rachel said...

Thanks for writing this, Mom! I'll make sure marcus sees it :)