Friday, December 09, 2011

Thanksgiving

Marcus and Rachel came for Thanksgiving again this year and we had a great time!  This was the first year that I was well rested before a visit so it was WONDERFUL!!   The kids had seen me a few weeks before but it had been a while since they had seen Papa so they were excited!!

The boys had been learning about traditional Thanksgiving food at school so they were excited to see the familiar turkey day foods on the table.  Dan did all of the cooking but I don't know if the boys noticed.  I hope so, because boys need to learn the kitchen is for dads too.

We had purchased a table set for the kids and I bought them activity books which they loved.  I have seen them color and draw for hours at their house but Dan had never seen it.  I think he was impressed.  Ethan loves to color by number and Caleb enjoys word searches and hidden pictures as well as color by number.

Lydia was the charmer she has been every time I have seen her.  The boys remain very protective of her.  I wondered if that might wear off as she got a bit older but it has not.  Lydia always had a ready smile for everyone.  I loved giving her a bottle and putting her down to bed.  She let me feed her (most of the time)

There was one time that she wanted her momma to feed her and when I sat at the table with the jar of baby food, she let out a wail and threw her head back. To be fair, she wasn't feeling well that day.  I got up and Rachel sat down.  Lydia stared at me as I walked into the living room at sat in my recliner.  It was so funny after that.  Rachel fed her and she kept her eyes on me the whole time,  making sure that I was going to stay in my seat.





No comments: