Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Grandparent's Day

I meant to publish this post before my retirement post but here it is now.  On the Monday of my last week of work was Grandparent's day at Caleb's school.  When Rachel invited us, I remembered all the years that she and Michael had no grandparent to attend at their school year after year and I was determined that either Dan or I would be there!

Dan already had business appointments scheduled out of town for that week.  We worked it out so that I could fly down from Saturday and back Tuesday.

I loved seeing Caleb's school and it turned out that Ethan had school that day too.  I spent most of my time in Caleb's class but made a short visit to Ethan's class before I left.  The building is quite spread out so I needed to use a wheel chair that day.  Part of the day's activities was in the auditorium which was quite a distance and Caleb "pushed" my chair all the way while helped wheel myself.  He was so proud of himself.

The auditorium is where they had a very emotional and patriotic ceremony honoring all veterans and their families.   First they asked all veterans from the Gulf War, Iraq War, Korean War, Vietnam War, WWI, WWII, and then they added family members of any veteran that was not present.  Pretty soon the entire stage was overflowing into the aisles.  Before that, they asked men that served in each branch of the service to stand while the band played the song for that branch.  I LOVED IT!!   


                       

1 comment:

Assignment help Australia said...

Stressed due to many nursing assignments assigned? Our panel of nursing assignment writers know all the referencing styles, such as APA, MLA, Harvard and so on, to make an assignment top-notch. The intensive research they put it into is the reason behind excellent grades as research is critically analyzed when a research paper gets checked by teachers.