Thursday, December 02, 2010

Bowling

I went bowling for the first time in 20 years! (to the best of my recollection)

I've been thinking about it for about 2 months so on my way home from work, I pulled in to the SUPER BOWL.

Both Searcy Schools and Riverview Schools were there competing with one another.  I just recently learned that local high schools have bowling teams.

Two of the lanes were still available so I carefully picked a rather light ball and got my shoes.

The last time I went bowling, the scores were handwritten on a large paper formatted specifically for bowling.  Today, the scoring was all digital, which is not too surprising.

I was only going to bowl one game but after I got two spares, I decided to bowl a second game.  Then I got 3 spares and 1 strike.  I was really pumped!

I left after that game, mentally making plans for my next time.  I think I'm going to like this.  It's a fairly inexpensive hobby with one game costing $3.00.   Tthe price went down with each subsequent game.


NOTE*  My next post will be about Caleb and Ethan's visit!

1 comment:

Free at last said...

When I took the boys bowling last week they filled in our names on the computer. Their dad was big daddy
mom was Big Mommy and they put me in as Mrs. Farts a lot for the whole world to see. We all had a good laugh.