Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Playroom

We have reorganized our playroom for the grand kids and I really like it.   The first thing we did was replace the back door that goes to the yard.  Then I got rid of the giant tub that held all the waffle blocks as well as miscellaneous other toys.   Actually, I moved it out of the playroom and  reused it for all of our extra blankets.  We also replaced the curtains, which was LONG overdue.

Next, I collected all of our identical containers and bought a few more to better utilize the space.  I separated the different types of toys and labeled each container with a color photo showing the contents of that container.   In theory, that makes it easy for everyone to put toys away when they're done and more convenient to carry the toys to whichever room they want to play in.

 We decided to supplement our playroom with Duplos (legos) and bought 4 tubs of them.  Then I found these cool dinosaurs from Animal Planet and I added those to our supply.

I bought an inexpensive two shelf stand to hold our books and make them more accessible.  I had to buy more books to fill the shelf!!  NOT!  Actually, there were several books I wanted to add and as I was looking for them, I found even more.

Last, but not least, we are having a deck built so that the kids can easily go out and play in the back yard.  The deck is not large but it's very sturdy and I love it!  Also, the mosquitoes are no longer a problem.

There are more containers on the other side of the room and this photo was taken before I put the visual labels on the containers.

I am pleased that the toys are more organized and I'm really looking forward to playing legos with the kids.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

SO cool! Can't wait to see it and let the boys enjoy!! We're ready to see you guys!