Friday, December 17, 2010

PIZZA!

Until this evening, I have not experienced the enjoyment of eating pizza for several years.   I had resigned myself to a "pizza-less" diet untill recently when my daughter and her family were here visiting.

Pizza has been one of my favorite foods most of my life and I have sorely missed it!  Rachel happened to mention that I didn't have to deprive myself altogether of pizza, I just had to revise the recipe.  WHAT?  I can eat pizza?  That was a revelation to me and she went on to describe the ingredients that I could use to make a pizza that wouldn't wreak havoc with my digestive system.

In case you are wondering, these are the ingredients that I can not have:
  • tomato sauce
  • vegetables (none at all)
  • peperoni
  • sausage
Sounds pretty much like the basic ingredients of pizza, right?  That's what I thought too.

Anyway, my daughter suggested that I make a pizza using the crust, a pesto sauce, and cheese.  BRILLIANT, I thought! 

I decided that I would add a lean ground beef and presto, I had the makings of a pizza.  I made it this evening and it was DELICIOUS!

Thank you Rachel!!

1 comment:

Free at last said...

Pizza is one of my most favorite foods too. Glad you found a way to have it.