Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Is it time?

I've been asking myself that question on a daily basis lately.  When I started my job as a school counselor, I couldn't wait for the school year to start and I looked forward to almost all aspects of my job.  My job has had it's stressful times and days but it's rewards have made it a dream job for me.  For years I've secretly told myself that I would do this job for free because I love it so much. 

Don't get me wrong, I do like the pay check and it has helped us become totally debt free as a family.

More importantly, God has used me to help children and I will be forever grateful.  Some of my students have dealt with abusive situations and it seemed like just when those situations became too heavy I had a rush of "boy crazy" ten year old girls to guide. 

I don't seem to feel the same passion for my job.  I am so tired.  I use most of my weekends to sleep and rest so I can be ready to work again on Monday.  I find myself too tired to attend church.  I feel ashamed about that.

I have two more days until summer break.  I wonder if I will feel differently after weeks of rest.  I am blessed that Dan is supportive of me and whatever I decide.  Do I want to quit now or work one more year?   It's up to me.  If I do work one more year, all of my salary will all go toward our retirement. 

I won't decide today or tomorrow. 

I will rest.

I will travel. 

I will visit all of my grandkids.

I will pray.  In a month I will decide. 

Keep me in your prayers.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Praying! In the meantime, we are SOOO excited about you coming to visit! Bennett shows Jasper the guest bed most mornings and says, "Jasper, that's Nanna's bed! She's coming to see us!" We love you!