Saturday, July 23, 2011

Summer's End

I've had a wonderful summer break which ends this weekend.   I can't believed I haven't blogged at all.

Our last day of the school year was June 2, if I remember correctly.  I had several days of workshops and soon it was time for our trip to Birmingham/Gatlinburg.  We had a great time of hiking, swimming, eating out, indoor games, and of course, shopping. Caleb really enjoyed playing the game, Trouble, and Ethan proudly "read" a book to me and told me the beginning sound of the letters.  I especially enjoyed  my time taking care of Lydia while the boys hiked with the rest of the family.

Back home I had more days of workshops to attend and days to just relax and read.  Then it was time for my trip to Fort Worth!  It had been few months since I had seen the boys so I expected them to feel a little cautious around me.  I was pleasantly surprised when both of them called out Nanna as they hugged me and climbed on my lap immediately!  We had a great time together with the sprinkler, trampoline, swimming, eating out, indoor games, and even more I can't think of at the moment.  I slept in a double bed next to Jasper's crib and he was soooo cute when he would look over at me to see if I was awake in the morning.  He would keep looking and laying back down until he saw my eyes open and then he would say, "Nanna, UP!'   Bennett and I kept putting together a large floor puzzle of the USA and before long, he was able to put it together himself!  We had a great time together.

Now my summer break has ended and I start back to work Monday.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

We love you, Nanna, and are already looking forward to seeing you again! Take it easy when you go back to work, and enjoy those kiddos! Love you!