Thursday, February 10, 2011

Rebound - Part 1

I started this as one post but decided that it should actually be two separate ones.

I grew up loving Buckeye football and basketball.  When I left Ohio for college, I lost interest in Ohio sports.  I went to all of the Harding basketball games while I was there.   Then came marriage, moving back to Arkansas, and children.   All sports became a faint memory.

Dan remained a steadfast Buckeye football and basketball fan.  As I recall, the Hogs and Buckeyes never played each other so he also became a Hog basketball fan and I vicariously became a Hog fan!  I really didn't have time to watch games (or maybe I didn't want to - I'm still not sure)  One year the Hogs were in the final four and I did watch them and cheer them on with everyone else.

Several years ago, I started watching Buckeye football with Dan and found that I really enjoy it.  Gradually, I learned the names of the players and their positions.  Some of them left and new ones replaced them.

Sugar Bowl - Yes, this year the Buckeyes and Hogs both went to the Sugar Bowl!  All of my friends cheered for the Hogs but I'm a Buckeye at heart!!

Now this is where "rebound" comes in.  This year I started watching Buckeye basketball with Dan.  I was surprised as basketball terms and rules flooded into my memory.  It felt so cool to be able to understand a game I had never played!! 

Ohio State is currently undefeated and the announcers are already talking "final four" 

I sure hope so!!

Next post "Rebound Part 2"

No comments: