Friday, May 01, 2009

Prayer Request

Micah Rine Pate, the daughter of Dennis and Terri Rine and wife of Thomas Pate, is missing. She and Thomas live in Bartlett, TN, a suburb of Memphis. A missing persons report was filed late last night and the police are searching for her. She went for a run at 8:30 last night and has not been heard from or seen since. She left her vehicle, purse, cell phone and keys at the house.

Please pray for her safe return.



"Micah is missing" When I read those words I was stricken with the same terror for Dennis and Terri that I felt when my own children were small and I could not find them for 5 long seconds in the store. Once Michael was at my side and then slipped underneath the round clothing display. He was playing and I was terrified until I located him.

I never realized as a young parent that it does not change because your children grow up. Their well-being remains uppermost in my mind and anything less than their safety is terrifying.

Please pray for Micah and her family.

1 comment:

April said...

We, too, are praying. And, yes, it is a terrifying feeling to have your child missing even for those brief fleeting seconds; I cannot imagine how Micah's parents feel right now as those seconds have become a full 24 hrs. Many, many prayers have been lifted up on Micah's behalf, as well as that of her family.