Tuesday, August 14, 2012

We have started moving!

A few things have changed since my last post! The best news is the the appraisal has been completed and while we have not received an official report, my realtor called and said it "was a good appraisal and there were no repairs required!"  We are still scheduled to close on August 21st. (big smile here)

We picked out bedroom furniture and we now have a KING sized bed.  I am so excited about that!  We ordered a special gel-mattress that helps maintain  a constant temperature and I am very happy about that since I typically overheat during the night.

We also ordered living room and dining room furniture.  I was really nervous about this because I didn't know how it would look in the apartment because I don't visualize very well.  I loved it in the furniture store but like I said, I was very nervous up until it was delivered to the apartment.  I'm happy to say that it looks BEAUTIFUL!!  The shade of wood in the furniture even matches perfectly with the kitchen cabinets!

We changed our plans for the second bedroom.  We both have desks we want to keep and we need to keep one of our filing cabinets so we are turning that room into an office.  We plan to buy a sleeper sofa for when we have company.  I understand that they are really hard to move so we already know that we will have to leave it when we move but that's okay with us.

I LOVE THIS APARTMENT!!  I will post pictures very soon.  We still have boxes piled up and I don't have anything on the walls yet.  We will sleep here for the first time tomorrow night. (bigger smile)

No comments: