Saturday, October 30, 2010

Buitoni

Buitoni is a brand of pasta and sauce meals that Dan had been buying recently.  He cooked me a lobster and shrimp filled pasta and sauce that was AMAZING!!  I don't remember tasting anything so delicious for several years.  I've discovered recently that I can handle food with fat content as long as it does not have a significant amount of fiber!!  I've been eating grilled cheese which is another treat.

When I woke up today, Dan asked, "Would you like me to make you something to eat?"  Isn't he wonderful?  He takes care of me like I am a rare and valuable part of his life.  Of course I said yes!  He prepared a squash-filled pasta with a creamy sauce that smelled and looked wonderful.  I eagerly took my plate to my chair as I commented, "they must process the fiber out of the squash like mashing potatoes".  I sat down and proceeded to lift a delicious bite toward my mouth when I heard Dan exclaim, "STOP, don't eat that".  When he heard me mention the fiber in squash, he decided to double check the nutritional content and realized he had mistakenly bought me a dinner with 5 grams of fiber per serving!

Needless to say, I didn't eat that meal and made a grilled cheese instead.  I can process about 1 gram of fiber per day - any more causes me become painfully ill for days.  Dan felt so bad but I told him that the offer of making the meal for me was the bigger blessing.   He gets so upset with himself when he tries to buy me a special treat and forgets to check the fiber.  I just love that he tries!  :)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

He takes such good care of you! The Campbell men make for wonderful husbands, don't they? We're both so very blessed!

Free at last said...

I am so thankful that Dan and you have each other. It was a long time coming and so thankful for him. Please tell him I said that.