Friday, February 26, 2010

Project Geneology

My down time this past week has allow me to explore a variety of web sites and web programs that allow you to create a family tree.

I have settled on my favorite program and have input quite a bit of data. It's actually the most useful free online tool that I've found. I have traced one of my great-great-grandparents all the way to Ireland!

I connected with a distant cousin on Facebook. Her grandmother was a sister to my grandfather. She helped me quite a bit with that limb of our family tree.

I never before considered that I would be interested in my ancestry, but I have found it fascinating.

2 comments:

April said...

I LOVE geneology stuff! I don't have near enough time to work on ours these days, but I am very interested in it and fascinated by it! Enjoy tacing your family tree. :)

Jennifer said...

Both sets of my grandparents are fascinated with our family's geneology, so I have all of my history done for me. I'm not that interested now, but I know I will be someday (probably when my own kids are grown :)). Sounds like you got a lot accomplished!