Saturday, July 04, 2009

"Freedom is NEVER free"

I borrowed my title today from a facebook status. We know that freedom for our nation had a cost. The older I get, the more I find myself interested in the details of history. History does repeat itself. Hopefully we can learn the things that are worth repeating.

As women, many of us eagerly look to the next stage -- Will I ever find someone to marry? Will he ever understand me? Will I ever have a baby? Will the struggles of these teenage years be over soon? Will my child marry a person that will help them get to heaven?

It's so easy to want to be free that we often forget to enjoy the moments that are. Every stage has it's struggles but it is also full of joys. Savour the joys of now and you'll be free of the struggles soon enough!

As individuals, we struggle to be free from our flaws. This is a good thing and while we'll never be free of them, we will grow.

No comments: