Friday, February 27, 2009

Thank you God

A woman came to me recently describing a period in her life when she battled with serious depression. I've known her for many years.

At that time in her life, she doubted herself, her value, and even God's existence. I nodded as she went on, understanding that she had been in a really hard place.

At that time, she was meeting with a counselor and was invited to a group that was meeting weekly to deal with a variety of issues.

It turns out that I was a part of that group and was working through some difficult issues relating to childhood abuse I had experienced.

As she became aware of the influence and level of evil that had existed in my life, she concluded that God MUST be present and active in our lives.

It was at that point that she began her walk back toward Him.

I was stunned!! God used those dark moments in my life to bless her which in turn, blessed her children.

Thank you Lord for being with me always, even when I don't have a clue.

1 comment:

April said...

Very cool story! It is amazing how God uses us as His instruments...and often times when we least expect it.