Monday, August 04, 2008

The Shack

I had been hearing about this book for quite a while. Some friends loved it. Others would not even finish reading it. Yet all who did finish said the same thing, "If you come to a part and don't like the book, you may be tempted to just quit reading. Don't quit. If you force yourself to finish, you won't be sorry.

I wish I could write like my daughter. She adds so much flavor to the things she writes about. She makes me feel like I am there with her. I will do my best to express myself and am at peace that it will be enough.

Once I began reading, I could hardly put it down. It's message reached inside my heart more than once and changed my thinking. I am challenged to view many things in ways I have never considered. The word "relationship", for example, has taken on a new meaning. A meaning so wide and deep that it consists of many layers and directions.

The painful experiences throughout my life have taken on a slightly different perspective. My history has not changed, but my view of it's events has enabled me to feel a peace that I can not adequately describe.

I will have more to say as I am able to process the thoughts whirling in my head.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

What an intriguing comment about The Shack...I've heard people talking about it and I guess I need to read it now!