Sunday, August 03, 2008

More on The Shack

One of the blessings I received as I read this book relates to someone from my past. I was totally unprepared because as far as I was concerned, this person deserved whatever came their way.

For the first time, I understand that God loves them as much as He loves me. People have said that to me in the past and I inwardly responded with, "you don't understand". Occasionally it was an outward response which included my plea of, "God wouldn't ask that of me".

Now that has changed. God does love that person. He really does. I believe that and I am at peace about it. While I'll never have a relationship with them, I feel completely at peace about them, and that part of my life.

I posted these two messages under two link headings (The Shack, Changed My Life) because I have shared with many people about how the message of this book has changed my life. I forget to tell some that the name of the book was The Shack.

Here is a link to the website for "The Shack"

2 comments:

Farmgirlatheart said...

I am going to get the book and read it. I can totally relate to the comments you wrote. The way you felt after reading the book is the same way God has blessed me with quite a long time ago. I will read the book and see if that expands for me. I do agree that there is much freedom to arrive at such a place as this. I agree about Rachels writing talents. I just have to put done mine in boring country chargin.

Rachel said...

I'm very very very glad to hear you say this. I have prayed for you about this, and I am very glad that God has worked this out in your heart using this book. I ordered it from Amazon and will read it as soon as it comes!