Friday, July 23, 2010

On the Road Again

Actually, I was on the road and in the air again. I think we left our house around 12 AM because I wanted to make sure I was going to be checked in on time. By the time I finished going through airport security, I had an hour before departure time. I didn't mind the wait at all. I would have been stressed out if I had arrived at or even close to boarding time.

Within a few minutes, I learned that we were not departing for 3 more hours due to the weather in Baltimore - 2 hour delay. I groaned inwardly but seeing the young parents with toddlers helped me quickly adjust my attitude. I had a book to read so the time passed by fairly quickly.

We arrived in Baltimore about 45 minutes before my scheduled departure to Birmingham. I remember feeling grateful that my layover in Baltimore had shrunk from 3 hours to less than 45 minutes.

NOT ! ! !

As I arrived at my gate, the attendant announced that my flight is delayed for two or more hours.

WHAT?

In the end, I arrived at the Birmingham airport sometime after 11 PM. My original arrival time had been before 9 PM. Rachel was there to pick me up and I think it was close to midnight when we reached her house.

Rachel made a comment at that time that I agree with. It took me twice as long to fly as it would have taken me to drive to her house!!

I'll think twice before I fly again.

No comments: